Saturday, September 12, 2009

Halloween Party Favor Treat Box - Coffin





I'm starting to feel the excitement in the air as the fall holidays approach. I love Halloween. Yes, the super cute kids in their costumes are amazing, the candy is a perk, but all of the decorations, inside the house and out, are my favorite. I'm itching to break out the fake spiders and spiderwebs for my porch and "bury" Mr. Bones in the front tree bed.

It's true, I have been known to enjoy some of my children's trick or treat candy. My husband usually finishes a few bags before the big day and I have to restock! I've found myself now challenged to find great ways to package and display the treats for the many school parties that will be here soon. Over the next week, I will be posting a few of my ideas and translation of traditional Halloween treat bags and favors.

The first in the series is the Coffin Party Favor box pictured above. You will need the following supplies to complete this craft:

Coffin Template
Scissors
Adhesive
Craft Heater (Z555)
Bone Folder (Z1204)
(1 ea.) sheet of Black and Orange card stock
Close To My Heart BEWARE Acrylic Stamp Set (D1381)
VersaMark Ink Pad (Z891)
Close To My Heart SILVER PEARL Embossing Powder (Z678)

Adhere together Orange and Black card stock. Cut and score and assemble card stock per the template design. Stamp "trick or treat" with VersaMark Ink onto the coffin top. Cover stamped image with embossing powder and heat to set. Fill with treats and share with friends, family, classmates and don't forget the ever important teacher favors!

2 comments:

  1. this is so awesome! Where could I find the template? mari_contrary@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute idea! Love it! Found you on Tip Junkie :)

    ReplyDelete